As we age we loose on average 10% of our ability to balance every decade. Some of us more than others. Their are micro muscles that don’t activate doing anything other than balancing.
Here are a handful of tests and exercises to keep you on your feet for life. Do these barefoot.
- 20 seconds stand on one foot, then the other
-once you can do this 3 consecutive times without touching foot down progress to next step.
- 20 second stand on one foot WITH EYES CLOSED 3x consecutive
- 20 second S.L. stand on bosu ball, or at home on a pillow.
- 20 seconds S.L. bosu ball EYES CLOSED.
- 20 second warrior 3 (single leg deadlift, no weight but arms extended out)
- 20 second warrior 3 EYES CLOSED.
Progress through these movements week by week. It might take a month of everyday practice to ace all 6 moves. Once you can do one exercise without touching foot down you can progress to the next step. If you touch foot or hand down keep trying that exercise until you can do it 3x without error. Importance of smooth concentrated breath, mentally tuning in to calm the muscles are all good practices to get through these moves. If you notice these are quite challenging for you, don’t be discouraged. Recognize this is something you need, and I encourage you to master your own weakness! Please share with us your progress! @ email@example.com