WOW with Coach Jenny | Stamina AMRAP
Hello Wright Training Athletes,
Spring has come to the Valley- FINALLY! It feels rejuvenating to see the sun and the amount of energy rushing through town. As we dive into our fourth week of run/bike fit, we continue to build strength and endurance for the adventures yet to come!
This weeks workout focuses on endurance. Endurance workouts directly link to our cardiovascular and muscular health. We focus on exerting ourselves over an extended period of time, to with those long bike rides, intense hikes or trail runs. We need this ability of working hard for longer periods of time as the running and biking season soon approaches.
The warm-up starts with fast-paced exercises to get the blood pumping and body alert. Use a PVC pipe or stick (if you are not in the gym) to open up the shoulders. From there you will move into the muscular endurance rounds. Each round consists of primary lifts followed by a fast set of pull-ups and sit-ups. Please use a band to assist if needed or you can modify and do a negative pull-up and slowly come down off the bar. Remember to engaged the lats and focus on a steady breath to control the movements.
The bulk of our hard work comes in during the AMRAP. You have 20 minutes of work, this will build our areobic capacity.
- Starting with 50 jump ropes
- 40 mountain climbers- twenty per side. Focus on keeping a straight line from head to heels, knees move into chest
- 30-second plank hold- you can modify and come onto forearms, or modify by dropping a knee and coming into side plank
- 20x Jump lunges- focus on landing lightly, drive the knee out, and keep the chest and hips in line for a flat spin.
- 10x V-Ups- Lift legs and upper body off the floor and reach for your toes with your hands – focus on flat spin and lifting up through the chest
Our workout ends with ten minutes of foam rolling and stretching. Foam rolling helps break up the myofascial tissue and speed the recovery process. Breathe through the stretches and notice where your body needs to spend more time opening up. The more length you find in your stretching, the greater range of motion you have during your workouts.
Get outside this week, enjoy the sun! I look forward to seeing you at the gym!
WARMUP- 3 Rounds
100x Jump Rope
30x Air Squat
30 sec Plank
10x KB Squats
AMRAP 20 Minutes
50x Jump Rope
40x Mountain Climber
30 sec Plank
20x Jump Lunge
Stretch/ Foam Roll (10 mins)