Hello, Wright Training Team!
For those of you who do not yet know me, I am Angie Reece- currently coaching at the Victor Gym. I joined Wright Training when I moved to Victor full time in 2016 and then started coaching in Jackson. My background is rooted in yoga, which then led me to become a personal trainer/ strength and conditioning coach. I have always enjoyed being a part of a gym community and learn from everyone along the way.
This past October I had my first baby, Colette, and have relied heavily on my Pre/Post Natal Specialized Training to heal my body. My goal as a coach is to focus on your priorities and work towards a healthy lifestyle. I look forward to working out alongside you and building our Victor Community together!
The WOW this week can be done anywhere, it is a HIIT workout- High-Intensity Interval Training. With spring break coming up and lots of off-season travel, it is nice to have a quick cardio workout for the road or at home. The focus is on dynamic movements in rapid progression.
As you begin the workout, focus on breathing. Bring your awareness into the belly and ribcage as you inhale and exhale. Then move through a shoulder stretch, 10-inch worms, 10 cat/ cow on all four, rounding the spine with the breathe.
The 15-minute HIIT workout has 40 seconds of work, 20 seconds of REST. This should be all-out work for 40 seconds and then you have 20 seconds to return your heart rate back to normal- think long exhales, long inhales to accomplish this! The movements are dynamic to get the whole body moving.
Warm-Up 3 Rounds
- Shoulder Stretch (focus on breathing- long inhale, long exhale)
- 10x Cat/ Cow
- 10x Inch Worms
15 Minute HIIT 40 seconds WORK / 20 second REST / REPEAT
- Mountain Climbers
- Lunge with a Cross-Body Crunch
- Plank Hold with Shoulder Taps
- Squat Jacks (Jumping Jack into a squat)
- Burpees with a Push-Up
If you would like more information on these five exercises, please see below! They are meant to be done fast to increase cardio output. Enjoy the workout wherever life takes you!
Each one of these movements is designed to work your full body.
- Mountain Climbers: Plank hold, keeping glutes in line with shoulders, then run the knees into the chest Lunge with Cross Body
- Crunch- lunge right knee forward then draw the left knee to right elbow as you stand, repeat alternating side.
- Plank with Shoulder Taps- Plank Hold, keeping the hips solid, tap right shoulder with the left hand, then left shoulder with the right hand, core and glutes are active
- Squat Jacks- Just as it sounds, jumping jack into a squat, repeatBurpee
- Push-up with a jump squat- focus on core engagement