Wright Training has brought on another member to our coaching staff, introducing Chris Bates! Chris has a great science based background graduating with a Bachelors and a Masters in Exercise Physiology from University of Miami. To introduce him to the gym we asked him some questions about himself, check out what he had to say.
Welcome to the Team Chris!
1. Where are you from?
Well some call it the bayou, but the government calls it Baton Rogue, LA. 10 years there, then spent 16 years in Fort Myers & Miami, Florida before moving west and settling in Jackson
2. What is your favorite kind of exercise (any specific exercises you like)?
You’ll see my biggest smile when I’m doing cleans and back squats
3. How would you describe your coaching style?
Execute the movement well and find any moment to dance in between pushing yourself
4. What do you like to do outside of the gym? Hobbies?
Backpacking the Teton Crest Trail was what sold me on moving West! I like to climb trees. And read. Sometimes together. I’m going to learn the fly fishing this summer..with lots of help
5. Do you prefer Sandbag Getups or Curtis P’s?
SBGU because I know I suck at them and want to get better
6. Favorite Sport to play or watch?
I like to play soccer and watch good ol American football
7. Winter or Summer?
Really gonna make me choose? I grew up in summer so I’ll just say winter for now
8. Anything else you want to say?
Tell me your story now!